International Coaching and Neuroscience Certification
How does your brain work?
Understanding how your brain actually works (avoiding the myths and hype) helps you and your client think better, feel more fully, make better decisions and act with wisdom.
Joseph has gone through all the research and done all the spade work (so you do not have to), to give you exactly the material you need. And it is immediately practical.
The forefront of coaching
Neuroscience findings are disrupting many of the psychological models on which some coaching models are based. You will get the latest research based models in this training.
The program consists of 3 modules:
The ability to clearly focus on what you want – for yourself and others and unleash the creativity you need to move towards them. This is what we do in the module The Neuroscience of Goals. Learn more.
Emotions and Values
The ability to touch on what is important to you and connect to this emotionally for energy and motivation. (No one does anything that is not connected to their values). This is what we do in the module The Neuroscience of Emotions and Values.
The ability to sort out your thinking (‘mental models’ or ‘beliefs’) and then drop forever the frustration of trying to work round (or worse argue with), limiting ideas. (Wouldn’t that be nice?). This is what we do in the module
The Neuroscience of Beliefs.
You can also take any of the modules on its own and in any order.
Next course starts September 15th for seven weeks
Each Wednesday at 2 PM UK time.
Values Module begins mid January 2022 for seven weeks.
Goals Module is fully online – you can study at your own pace and begin when you like.
About the Program
Coaching the Brain – Practical Applications of Neuroscience to Coaching
This is the premier International coaching neuroscience training, based on the best-selling book ‘Coaching the Brain’ by ICC co-founders Joseph O’Connor and Andrea Lages.
The program is one of the very few Internationally certified neuroscience coaching programs.
Neuroscience is at the forefront of coaching. This program places Lambent and the International Coaching Community at the forefront of coaching methodology in the ‘twenties.
The International Certification on Neuroscience Coaching is taught by Joseph O’Connor, co-founder of the ICC.
If you’re interested on buying the book, click here.
Access to a Global Community
Successfully completing this program, gives you the International Certificate of Neuroscience Coaching and membership of the International Coaching Community.
This course is available in English and Spanish
webinars in total
of online training
participants from 14 countries
Webinars, manuals, lessons and exercises
There is an introductory webinar before each module. This gets you up to speed with the amazing brain – that is behind all our thoughts, decisions and actions. Then we jump into the module.
- All modules come with a full manual
- Lessons are recorded so you can catch up if you miss one
- There are exercises and demonstrations of neuroscience coaching in each module
The ICC Certificate in Neuroscience Coaching is awarded to participants who complete all three modules (in any order).
There are 40 ICF CCEU points preapproved for this course.
Also, each module carries its own Lambent Certificate in Neuroscience Coaching.
Contact the trainers
The Neuroscience of Goals
1 – What are goals?
2 – Goals and the brain
3 – The neuroscience of creativity
4 – Tricks and traps of goal thinking
5 – Anchoring and questions
6 – Happiness and the hedonistic treadmill
The Neuroscience of Values and Emotions
1 – What are emotions?
2 – How emotions work
3 – Stress and Neurotransmitters
4 – Emotional Intelligence
5 – Somatic Marking
6 – Intuition, Pleasure and happiness
The Neuroscience of Beliefs
1 – What are mental models?
2 – The interpreter
3 – Learning and expectations
4 – Predict then modify
5 – Misleading mental models
6 – There is hope…
Module content: six 90-min webinars each with PPT and manual. Each webinar is recorded and available for participants afterwards. The manual for the webinar is sent two days before the webinar. Webinars take place over the course of two-to-three months (two months for module 3).
The objectives of the program
- Provide coaches with necessary neuroscience knowledge for greater credibility in the market.
- Give coaches the knowledge of how the brain works to refashion their coaching tools.
- Give coaches new coaching tools based on how the brain works.
- Give coaches the best neuroscience-based decision making process.
- Engage the participants in re-evaluating their own mental models about goals, values, emotions and beliefs.
- Engage the participants to continue their learning through the project and follow up work.
Learning outcomes of the program
- Explore the developing field of neuroscience and how to use it in coaching.
- Understand neuroplasticity and how the brain changes itself – and how to use it for change in behaviour.
- Use the implications of neuroplasticity to build, drop and change habits.
- Know the different parts of the brain, how are organised and how they work together
- Understand how the brain makes meaning of our experience through ‘the interpreter’ system, and what this means for coaching.
- Explore how to best use the brain in creativity and innovation.
- Avoid the cognitive tricks and traps of system one, ‘fast’ thinking.
- Be aware of and neutralise the effects of priming, framing and anchoring that stop clear thinking and good decision making.
- Ask better questions by framing them in better ways.
- Understand and use the importance of trust and fairness in our mental life.
- See how values are underpinned by emotion and work with them more effectively.
- Know how emotional intelligence works in neuroscientific terms and manage your own and others’ emotions better.
- Understand how the brain predicts the future and generates beliefs and ideas.
- Understand how to deal with expectations and limiting beliefs.
- Deal with ‘shoulds’ and ‘shouldn’ts’.
- Understand theory of mind and what it means for rapport.
- Know how to jump off the hedonistic treadmill (while still being happy).
“Joseph’s way of explaining is outstanding. I feel I’m part of a new wave in the world, where people will learn to collaborate better with their brains.”Mirja Bang Hansen
“What I bring with me from the course is that I have broadened my thinking in my role as a coach and to be able to go even deeper into the coach issues.”Eva Lisa Persson
“For me this training has been an eye opening experience. It has clearly exceeded my expectations. I wanted to improve my coaching skills but in reality this course has motivated me to see my full life in a different way.”Mariela Nuñez Ugalde
The International Coaching Community uses the training programs and methodology created by Lambent. The Lambent coaching methodology was awarded with the European Quality Award (EQA) in two levels by the European Mentoring & Coaching Council (EMCC) and has been used to certificate as International Coaches over 14,000 people from 67 countries since 2001.
Do you want to become a Coach?
Request more information and we will answer you shortly.